Interface Fluidics is an oil and gas laboratory services company with a disruptive technology platform that is changing the industry. Our customers are empowered with first-of-its-kind data insights, leading to better decisions that significantly impact the triple bottom line.
We are developing the next generation of laboratory testing methods and hardware for the energy industry. Our high-pressure, high-temperature microfluidic technology provides unique, visual, insights into fluid performance faster than any other technology on the market.
We are seeking a Fabrication Technician to fabricate and assist in designing our microfluidic/nanofluidic devices. This role will be based in Edmonton and will report to the Technical Operations manager(s).
Interface Fluidics is looking for a Fabrication Technician to be responsible for assisting with the design and fabrication of our analogues. The ideal candidate will have microfabrication experience and will play a key role in supporting the foundation of our testing methods. This full-time position.
Who are you?
- You are excited by the opportunity to make an impact, and you are looking for a place where your impact can be seen every day.
- You are comfortable in an environment that is constantly growing and evolving.
- You are not satisfied by understanding the surface level of a problem, and you build foundations that others can work on when you solve them.
- You love technology, and you are passionate making a positive impact on the energy industry.
- Fabricating silicon/glass microfluidic devices using lithography, dry-etching, and anodic bonding methods
- Fabricating glass/glass microfluidic devices using lithography, wet-etching, and thermal bonding
- Working with Interface engineers and scientists to design microfluidic devices in AutoCAD and KLayout
- Assisting with laboratory maintenance, instrument calibration, and standard operating procedure development
- Diploma in Nanotechnology Systems or other applicable diploma/degree
- 1 year of experience with microfabrication methods
- Experience in a chemistry laboratory environment
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or KLayout is an asset
- Prior microfluidics experience an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to complete work under tight timelines