Manager of Finance
Interface Fluidics is an oil and gas laboratory services company with a disruptive technology platform that is changing the industry. Our customers are empowered with first-of -its -kind data insights, leading to better decisions that significantly impact the triple bottom line. We are a fast-growing and mature startup looking for a driven and self-motivated Manager of Finance.
Interface Fluidics is looking for a self-directed and experienced Manager of Finance to be responsible for the Company’s financial reporting and analysis, payroll, budgeting and forecasting, accounts payable and receivable. The ideal candidate will have proven industry experience as a professional accountant, preferably in a senior role. As a strong communicator and skilled financial analyst, you will streamline our budgeting, payroll, and financial reporting processes to continuously improve our operational efficiency. You will also play a key role in supporting Interface’s growth strategy by being directly involved in forecasting and preparing financial information and analysis for senior management and shareholders. This full-time position reports to the CEO and is based Calgary. Travel to Edmonton is required, international travel may be required.
Who are you?
- You are excited by the opportunity to make an impact, and you are looking for a place where your impact can be seen every day.
- You are comfortable in an environment that is constantly growing and evolving.
- You are not satisfied by understanding the surface level of a problem, and you build foundations that others can work on when you solve them.
- You love technology, and you are passionate making a positive impact on the energy industry.
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting functions
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing monthly internal and external financial statements
- Supporting the operations and sales teams through analyzing business processes; gathering information and evaluating outputs against company objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Understanding and communicating the financial and operational impact of any changes in corporate performance relative to expectations to senior management
- Managing the annual budget process
- Performing financial modeling to determine projected cash requirements
- Preparing tax filings, tax planning and compliance
- Offering recommendations for improvement of the financial functions
- Liaising with and managing external financing sources and contributing to related reporting
- Evaluating and implementing internal accounting control systems
- Managing payroll
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Professional accounting designation, or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial management role
- Working knowledge of tax compliance and reporting
- Payroll experience
- Previous experience in an accounting firm is highly valued
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed